POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : MELT : Re: MELT Server Time
19 May 2024 09:02:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MELT
From: Jérôme M. Berger
Date: 21 Dec 2015 12:42:40
Message: <56783a10@news.povray.org>
Something similar has already been done about 15 years ago in
megapov: http://www-f9.ijs.si/~matevz/docs/MegaPov/megapov.html#isoblob

    As an example, this image was done with isoblobs:
http://jeberger.free.fr/povray/images/arnold.jpg

    IIRC, one reason isoblobs were not added to official povray is that
the same thing can mostly be done with regular isosurfaces, and I think
someone made a set of macros to do just that, but I can't find it
anymore. Or you can start here:
http://news.povray.org/povray.general/thread/%3C3e19c81f@news.povray.org%
3E/
and see if some of the linked threads allow you to do what you want...

        Jerome
--
mailto:jeb### [at] freefr
http://jeberger.free.fr