POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Windows 8 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:16:31 EDT (-0400)
  Windows 8 (Message 1 to 10 of 41)
From: MichaelJF
Subject: Windows 8
Date: 11 Apr 2013 13:20:01
Message: <web.5166efe871c9cbf9256f9c510@news.povray.org>
Hi all around,
I have massive problems with my actual machine yielding blue screens just for
random. Sometimes it workes 5 hours, sometimes only five minutes. I exchanged
the main memory but with no effort. So I decided to buy a new machine but this
was now delivered with Windows 8 unfortunatelly. As all I understood so far one
has to register an account at microsoft only to switch from a right-handed mouse
to a left-handed mouse (I'm left handed of course). I cannot accept that. It's a
bit like "Big Brother is watching You". But what should I use instead? Poser
isn't possible under every Linux installation. I'm a little bit disappointed by
Suse the last years, so my favourites are Ubuntu or Fedora: what will you
suggest?

Best regards,
michael

Post a reply to this message