POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Windows 8 : Re: Windows 8 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:17:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Windows 8
From: MichaelJF
Date: 11 Apr 2013 15:40:01
Message: <web.516710fec40b10bf256f9c510@news.povray.org>
> On Thu, 11 Apr 2013 13:16:24 -0400, MichaelJF wrote:
>
> >  Poser
> > isn't possible under every Linux installation. I'm a little bit
> > disappointed by Suse the last years, so my favourites are Ubuntu or
> > Fedora: what will you suggest?
>
> I'd suggest openSUSE 12.3 - many people who had been running something
> else have tried it and liked it.
>
> But I'm biased, as a member of the openSUSE forums staff. ;)
>
> Looking at both Codeweavers and WineHQ, poser should run just fine under
> WINE or Crossover.
>
> Jim

Thank you Jim,
so I will give Suse another try. In fact from Version 4 to Version 11.3 I ever
had a Suse at my disk but I ever missed drivers for actual printers, screens or
WLAN devices. Since my new machine is not really new but at least available
since two years (Dell XPS, I have nearly the same one at my office since two
years) I hope that Suse will work. But since Windows 8 is nearly unusable
without being watched by Microsoft it's better to give Suse or another Linux
Version a try.

Best regards,
Michael