POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Windows 8 : Re: Windows 8 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:26:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Windows 8
From: MichaelJF
Date: 13 Apr 2013 02:00:00
Message: <web.5168f451c40b10bf8774b53e0@news.povray.org>
> On Fri, 12 Apr 2013 13:34:31 -0400, MichaelJF wrote:
>
> > BTW I was not able to install Suse 12.3 at my machine (I yielded only a
> > black screen with vertical white lines and had a lot of problems to get
> > rid of it)
>
> There are some tricks that might help get you past this point, nomodeset
> is one that often helps.
>
> Jim

Thank you for the hint. I will give it a try within next days. I must apologize
since it seems that I suffered from a severe brain damage overlooking a simple
button within Windows 8 for two evenings! Now the machine is rendering...

But I will give Suse another try since I like the one or other application
better. But this has to wait until the actual Tina-Chep-round is finished.

Best regards,
Michael