POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Windows 8 : Re: Windows 8 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:16:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Windows 8
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 11 Apr 2013 21:44:15
Message: <516766ef$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 11 Apr 2013 15:37:34 -0400, MichaelJF wrote:

> so I will give Suse another try. In fact from Version 4 to Version 11.3
> I ever had a Suse at my disk but I ever missed drivers for actual
> printers, screens or WLAN devices. Since my new machine is not really
> new but at least available since two years (Dell XPS, I have nearly the
> same one at my office since two years) I hope that Suse will work. But
> since Windows 8 is nearly unusable without being watched by Microsoft
> it's better to give Suse or another Linux Version a try.

Glad to help out - if you have issues, a post in the forums at
forums.opensuse.org is usually a good way to get the issue sorted out. :)

If the hardware you're using requires binary firmware to run, there is an
extra step needed to get it working (because it's SUSE/openSUSE policy to
only include free software and not binary blobs - an untainted kernel is
a goal of the project), but that's usually very quick to sort out.

There's a very good sticky post in the wlan forum as well to help with
wlan issues - and one of the kernel wlan developers helps out in the
forum as well. :)

Jim