POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Not using internal parser? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:14:49 EDT (-0400)
  Not using internal parser? (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Mr
Subject: Not using internal parser?
Date: 11 Apr 2010 16:40:00
Message: <web.4bc232edfbfc36971408b2c10@news.povray.org>
While browsing through some Povray links (for wiki maintenance) I came across
this page:
http://phi.lho.free.fr/artwork/POV-Ray/POV-Ray.en.html

And the following sentence caught my eye:
"It was before the coming of procedural handling of scenes, so to create complex
scenes with repetitive elements, we had to create external programs (in Basic,
C, whatever) that generated the POV-Ray file. Note that it is still doable, the
generator can be much faster than the internal parser..."

Is such a thing still possible? what would the data flow be then, if the scene
is not parsed?

Post a reply to this message