POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Not using internal parser? : Re: Not using internal parser? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:24:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not using internal parser?
From: Mr
Date: 16 Apr 2010 14:10:00
Message: <web.4bc8a7ab4f0d152a1408b2c10@news.povray.org>
> Mr wrote:
>
> > Is such a thing still possible? what would the data flow be then, if the scene
> > is not parsed?
>
> I think the author refers to building content procedurally
> using loops and macros instead of just describing the plain
> geometry and textures in CSG. So, if you wish to create
> 10,000 spheres you can either use a #while loop, or you
> can use an external program to create an include file
> with 10,000 sphere {...} declarations.
>
> The second way will usually be faster but rarely worth
> the effort unless you need very complicated calculations
> to generate your geometry.

Thanks for making things clearer, but another thing got me a little confused:

"Bishop3D communicates with POV-Ray via POV-Ray's extension interface, providing
a seamless integration between the modeler and the renderer."

is this "extension interface" something precise or another term to designate
some aspect of various commonly used povray features?