POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Not using internal parser? : Re: Not using internal parser? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:19:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not using internal parser?
From: Stephen
Date: 18 Apr 2010 12:05:36
Message: <4bcb2dd0$1@news.povray.org>
On 18/04/2010 4:26 PM, Mr wrote:
> Don't get me wrong, I do like modelling softwares with GUI (I'm a Blender user)
> but I don't see what a modeler using this POV extension would gain compared to a
> modelling software that would just export a POV file and launch it via operating
> system or python commands like Blender 2.5 currently does. (it can even preview
> the file as it's being written depending on the file format)

To be truthful neither do I. I assume that the native Pov extension has

Bishop3D can preview the file before it is written and both Bishop3D and
Moray can include SDL to be exported. Moray has some rudimentary mesh
creating/editing functions while Bishop3D does not. Both of them export
to PovRay either pure SDL or include mesh files.
If you are looking for some means to cut down the work that PovRay has
to do then I do not think that this extension is what you are looking for.
I might be corrected by others.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen