POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Photon problem: 'pixelated' caustics Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:25:59 EDT (-0400)
  Photon problem: 'pixelated' caustics (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Bruce Mardle
Subject: Photon problem: 'pixelated' caustics
Date: 22 Oct 2009 04:15:01
Message: <web.4ae013b85bfa9f2cc57370f30@news.povray.org>
Hiya.
I've had a root around but can't find any help on this problem.
I'm trying to make an image with caustics cast by Bezier patches.
With photon spacing 0.01 I get suspiciously blurry caustics, so I tried photon
spacing 0.001 and the resulting caustics are made up of conspicuous flat-shaded
quadrilaterals.
You can see the 2 pics at:
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.editAlbumPhoto&albumID=344068&imageID=54508714
and
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.editAlbumPhoto&albumID=344068&imageID=54508715

(Actually, having seen the 0.001 pic it's easy to spot the quads in the 0.01
pic. They're there but blurry.)

Any suggestions on photon settings I could try to make the caustics sharp and
realistic? Or is it a problem with the Bezier patches?

Post a reply to this message