POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Etymology of bozo Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:30:43 EDT (-0400)
  Etymology of bozo (Message 18 to 27 of 27)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: DKBTrace/POVRay book idea
Date: 26 Apr 2009 17:26:51
Message: <jck9v4tsck705nfqtup5carau8kq7aes18@4ax.com>
On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 17:06:19 -0400, David Buck <dav### [at] simberoncom> wrote:

>Excellent. I think 9 should be enough to convince any publisher :-)

As they say in the American idiom, "Go for it".

I'll buy one if it isn't in the local library :-)
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 27 Apr 2009 16:00:21
Message: <49f60ed5$1@news.povray.org>
David Buck wrote:

> I'm feeling more and more that there's an interesting story to be told
> about DKBTrace/POVRay that I'm the only person in a position to tell.

The story is interesting but probably not so for enough people
(although more than 9) if it stands by itself. However, it might
be the seeding point for a general POV-Ray book which appeals to
a wider audience as well. I think there is one from 1994 and that
there have been later attempts - I was surprised to find there is
a dedicated newsgroup p.d.books for this already - which went
nowhere. This might be different if the original author
is a driving force behind it.

Post a reply to this message

> I'm feeling more and more that there's an interesting story to be told
> about DKBTrace/POVRay that I'm the only person in a position to tell.
> Others can talk about POVRay and what it does but I'm the only one who
> knows where the ideas came from and how it all came to be.  M

I have always been curious about this story.

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 17:46:03 -0400, Jim Charter wrote:

> David Buck wrote:
>
>> I'm feeling more and more that there's an interesting story to be told
>> about DKBTrace/POVRay that I'm the only person in a position to tell.
>> Others can talk about POVRay and what it does but I'm the only one who
>> knows where the ideas came from and how it all came to be.  M
>
> I have always been curious about this story.

Same here. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> schreef in bericht

> I have always been curious about this story.

Yes indeed!

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

David Buck <dav### [at] simberoncom> wrote:
> I'm feeling more and more that there's an interesting story to be told
> about DKBTrace/POVRay that I'm the only person in a position to tell.
> Others can talk about POVRay and what it does but I'm the only one who
> knows where the ideas came from and how it all came to be.  My wife is
> encouraging me to pursue the idea.  I think I'll do some basic research
> and see if it makes sense to propose it to a publisher.

Just in case the feedback from conventional publishers would be lousy, how about
going for Print On Demand?

Post a reply to this message

> David Buck <dav### [at] simberoncom> wrote:
>> I'm feeling more and more that there's an interesting story to be told
>> about DKBTrace/POVRay that I'm the only person in a position to tell.
>> Others can talk about POVRay and what it does but I'm the only one who
>> knows where the ideas came from and how it all came to be.  My wife is
>> encouraging me to pursue the idea.  I think I'll do some basic research
>> and see if it makes sense to propose it to a publisher.
>
> Just in case the feedback from conventional publishers would be lousy, how about
> going for Print On Demand?

Print on Demand is always an option but you do need to anticipate lower
sales and much more work on marketing.  It's a definite option, though.

David

Post a reply to this message