POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povray.org links Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:19:15 EDT (-0400)
  povray.org links (Message 14 to 23 of 23)
From: Jim Charter
Subject: Re: povray.org links
Date: 2 May 2006 16:17:45
Message: <4457be69$1@news.povray.org>
Chris B wrote:

> Jim, are you in?
> Anyone else like to help?

Sure, I'll chase down a few.

> Once we've got started we'll set a closing date and invite people to give us
> new links through this newsgroup.
> After that we'll send back the new file for loading into the database.
>
> Regards,
> Chris B.

Post a reply to this message

From: Chris Cason
Date: 3 May 2006 09:27:43
Message: <4458afcf@news.povray.org>
Chris B wrote:
> it would be easiest to work with a big machine-readable text file

Fastest way to get this into your hands would be to dump it from the DB
usingg phpMyAdmin. I can export as SQL, CSV or XML. Are any of these useful
to you ?

-- Chris

NB note that there are two tables; one for categories and one for the links
themselves. The links refer to the category by ID. I would be open to
modifying the DB to allow a link to be in multiple categories if this was useful.

Post a reply to this message