POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povray.org links : Re: povray.org links Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:22:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray.org links
From: Chris B
Date: 3 May 2006 11:37:50
Message: <4458ce4e@news.povray.org>
"Chris Cason" <del### [at] deletethistoopovrayorg> wrote in
message news:4458afcf@news.povray.org...
> Chris B wrote:
>> it would be easiest to work with a big machine-readable text file
>
> Fastest way to get this into your hands would be to dump it from the DB
> usingg phpMyAdmin. I can export as SQL, CSV or XML. Are any of these
> useful
> to you ?

I can read any of those and freely translate between them. CSV is my
preferred starting point. It's easiest to chop up and allocate out chunks.

> -- Chris
>
> NB note that there are two tables; one for categories and one for the
> links
> themselves. The links refer to the category by ID. I would be open to
> modifying the DB to allow a link to be in multiple categories if this was
> useful.

OK. I'll give this some thought, taking on board the observations by
Thorsten and PM.
I'll send you a copy of the private email address I sent to Thorsten.

Regards,
Chris B.