POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : is it possible to warp a primitive or a height-field? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:24:12 EDT (-0400)
  is it possible to warp a primitive or a height-field? (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: RAM
Subject: is it possible to warp a primitive or a height-field?
Date: 25 Jul 2005 13:20:01
Message: <web.42e51e8d3d315b497d21e22c0@news.povray.org>
Is it possible to warp or modify using noise or turbulence a primitive
object in POV? I have seen scenes that use objects like a torus or a
height-field that are greatly distorted to create fantastic objects that
bear little resemblance to the original object. Or is this something that
would have to be generated outside POV and then imported as triangles?

Post a reply to this message