POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : is it possible to warp a primitive or a height-field? : Re: is it possible to warp a primitive or a height-field? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 16:31:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: is it possible to warp a primitive or a height-field?
From: Warp
Date: 28 Jul 2005 01:16:58
Message: <42e86a4a@news.povray.org>
RAM <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Thank you all for your informative responses. I am indeed looking for more
> than simple bending of a primitive. I wish to distort it beyond recognition
> if possible which is why I thought that using noise or turbulence might be
> the way to go. I will check out Horman's include files for hints.

  Well, the correct answer is that you can't. You cannot take a POV-Ray
primitive and distort it.

  What you can do is to design an isosurface which looks like the primitive
or object and then you can distort its function. Another possibility is
to create a mesh which looks like the primitive/object and then move
its vertices around.

--

                                                          - Warp