POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Antialiasing before or after clipping... Server Time
3 Aug 2024 10:21:32 EDT (-0400)
  Antialiasing before or after clipping... (Message 81 to 90 of 102)
From: Nicolas Calimet
Subject: Re: Antialiasing before or after clipping...
Date: 31 Aug 2004 17:32:05
Message: <4134ee55@news.povray.org>
> Except that it also only has a single CCD with 28.7 x 19.1 mm size.

	No, two mistakes here: the 1Ds is a full-frame 11 Mpix CMOS sensor  :-)
	{And I believe its manufacturor will release soon an update that will
make it become a 16 Mpix sensor; wild guess based on the release of the recent
20D consumer camera, and by the last 5-years development strategy of the
company}.

> For the D1 it is called "Lens focal length conversion factor".

	It is called like this for all digital cameras, although that's much
more useful for DSLRs I admit (consumer as well as prosumer markets).

> hence CCDs with
> 36*24 mm are rather expensive, but there are a few available these days
> afaik.

	The only full-size CCD I know of is in the K*d*ck DCS 14n (14 Mpix).
Larger CCDs are found in non 24x36 formats (don't know the appropriate term
in english) mostly used in studio for packshot-like productions, or maybe
landscapes.  As these cost much more than the price of a small new car  ;-)

	- NC

Post a reply to this message

>  No, two mistakes here: the 1Ds is a full-frame 11 Mpix CMOS sensor  :-)

Not according to the Canon website:
<http://www.usa.canon.com/EOS-1D/specs.html>

I suppose I am missing something here, but I cannot figure out what :-(

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 23:45:53 +0200, Thorsten Froehlich <tho### [at] trfde>
wrote:
> In article <4134ee55@news.povray.org> , Nicolas Calimet
> <pov### [at] freefr>
> wrote:
>>  No, two mistakes here: the 1Ds is a full-frame 11 Mpix CMOS sensor  :-)
>
> Not according to the Canon website:
> <http://www.usa.canon.com/EOS-1D/specs.html>
>
> I suppose I am missing something here, but I cannot figure out what :-(

These two have CMOS sensors:

EOS-1Ds:
http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=ModelDetailAct&fcategoryid=139&modelid=8280

EOS-1D Mark II Digital:
http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=ModelDetailAct&fcategoryid=139&modelid=9808

The first one (EOS-1Ds) is the one Nicolas mentioned.

--
FE

Post a reply to this message