POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povray 3.6 make error Server Time
5 Jul 2024 12:53:56 EDT (-0400)
  povray 3.6 make error (Message 1 to 10 of 19)
From: Tim F
Subject: povray 3.6 make error
Date: 20 Jul 2004 19:30:01
Message: <web.40fdaab3299dc4434e6ed3100@news.povray.org>
I receive the following error when issuing 'make' on a RH9 machine (the
build works fine on a FC2 machine, however):

<snip>
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DPOVLIBDIR="/home/fenn/sware/share/povray-3.6"
-DPOVCONFDIR="/home/fenn/sware/etc/povray/3.6"
-DPOVCONFDIR_BACKWARD="/home/fenn/sware/etc" -I. -I. -I..  -I.. -I../source
-I../source/base -I../source/frontend -I../source -I../libraries/zlib
-I../libraries/png -I../libraries/tiff/libtiff -I../libraries/tiff/libtiff
-I/usr/X11R6/include   -pipe -Wno-multichar -O3 -msse -mfpmath=sse
-march=pentium3 -mcpu=pentium3 -malign-double -minline-all-stringops
-c -o unix.o `test -f 'unix.cpp' || echo './'`unix.cpp
In file included from ../source/frontend/configfrontend.h:37,
                 from ../source/frontend/defaultrenderfrontend.h:36,
                 from unix.cpp:81:
.../libraries/zlib/config.h:98:1: warning: "PACKAGE" redefined
In file included from unix.cpp:76:
.../conf.h:98:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
In file included from ../source/frontend/configfrontend.h:37,
                 from ../source/frontend/defaultrenderfrontend.h:36,
                 from unix.cpp:81:
.../libraries/zlib/config.h:101:1: warning: "PACKAGE_BUGREPORT" redefined
In file included from unix.cpp:76:
.../conf.h:101:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
In file included from ../source/frontend/configfrontend.h:37,
                 from ../source/frontend/defaultrenderfrontend.h:36,
                 from unix.cpp:81:
.../libraries/zlib/config.h:104:1: warning: "PACKAGE_NAME" redefined
In file included from unix.cpp:76:
.../conf.h:104:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
In file included from ../source/frontend/configfrontend.h:37,
                 from ../source/frontend/defaultrenderfrontend.h:36,
                 from unix.cpp:81:
.../libraries/zlib/config.h:107:1: warning: "PACKAGE_STRING" redefined
In file included from unix.cpp:76:
.../conf.h:107:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
In file included from ../source/frontend/configfrontend.h:37,
                 from ../source/frontend/defaultrenderfrontend.h:36,
                 from unix.cpp:81:
.../libraries/zlib/config.h:110:1: warning: "PACKAGE_TARNAME" redefined
In file included from unix.cpp:76:
.../conf.h:110:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
In file included from ../source/frontend/configfrontend.h:37,
                 from ../source/frontend/defaultrenderfrontend.h:36,
                 from unix.cpp:81:
.../libraries/zlib/config.h:113:1: warning: "PACKAGE_VERSION" redefined
In file included from unix.cpp:76:
.../conf.h:113:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
In file included from ../source/frontend/configfrontend.h:37,
                 from ../source/frontend/defaultrenderfrontend.h:36,
                 from unix.cpp:81:
.../libraries/zlib/config.h:125:1: warning: "VERSION" redefined
In file included from unix.cpp:76:
.../conf.h:146:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
In file included from ../source/povray.h:38,
                 from ../source/optout.h:39,
                 from unix.cpp:85:
.../source/frame.h:84: syntax error before `*' token
.../source/frame.h:1319: syntax error before `*' token
.../source/frame.h:1324: syntax error before `*' token
.../source/frame.h:1330: syntax error before `*' token

(many more errors omitted)
make: *** [all] Error 2
</snip>

I have the full config.log and log from the build, if it will help.

Regards,
Tim

Post a reply to this message