POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povray 3.6 make error : Re: povray 3.6 make error Server Time
8 Jul 2024 16:14:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray 3.6 make error
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 21 Jul 2004 14:55:02
Message: <cdme0c$gi6$1@chho.imagico.de>
Tim F wrote:

>>That this is for *binary* versions of POV-Ray should be absolutely obvious
>>to everyone!
>>

> ?  It is?  I don't know the problem I'm seeing is only relevant to the *nix
> version of the source (since I have no other platforms to test on), and my
> impression was that this was the reasoning for the wording of the FAQ.

If you don't know the reason for the compile error you get it is quite
unreasonable to assume this could be a bug in POV-Ray.  If such an error
was caused by a problem in the POV-Ray source how do you imagine that
the official POV-Ray binaries could have been built at all?

Christoph

Last updated 06 Jul. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______