POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povray 3.6 make error : Re: povray 3.6 make error Server Time
8 Jul 2024 17:03:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray 3.6 make error
From: Tim F
Date: 21 Jul 2004 14:40:00
Message: <web.40feb772a404e2e24e6ed3100@news.povray.org>
"Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde> wrote:
> In article <web.40fea468a404e2e2300017f40@news.povray.org> , "Tim F" wrote:
>
> > We insist that you first post a description of the problem in
> > povray.general, so that others may investigate it on their own
> > systems. This will aid in discovering whether it is
> > platform-dependent, and hopefully will also uncover some work-arounds
> > and a possible bugfix in the subsequent discussion from those who are
> > familiar with the POV-Ray source code.
>
> That this is for *binary* versions of POV-Ray should be absolutely obvious
> to everyone!

?  It is?  I don't know the problem I'm seeing is only relevant to the *nix
version of the source (since I have no other platforms to test on), and my
impression was that this was the reasoning for the wording of the FAQ.

The point is, I'm just a dumb end user - I am in no position to say the
bugreporting FAQ is invalid in this case, since no wording is present to
suggest it only applies in the case of binary or source releases.  If this
isn't true, fix the FAQ.

Warning: IANAL.

Regards,
-Tim