POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Heat haze... Server Time
3 Aug 2024 08:13:57 EDT (-0400)
  Heat haze... (Message 11 to 20 of 20)
From: Alain
Subject: Re: Heat haze...
Date: 19 May 2004 06:01:48
Message: <40ab308c$1@news.povray.org>
Sally nous apporta ses lumieres ainsi en ce 2004/05/18 20:17... :

>On a related note, how do you get distance information from a regular
>povray scene?

Remove all lights, all textures.
Remove any radiosity, photons and focal blur.
Bind everything in a single union.
Apply a gradient z texture, black on the far end, white on the near end,
ambient 1.
Extra: use the hf_gray_16 option and you are set to do stereogram or
hight_field.
It renders prety fast.

Alain

Post a reply to this message