POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Heat haze... : Re: Heat haze... Server Time
3 Aug 2024 10:22:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Heat haze...
From: St
Date: 20 May 2004 13:58:45
Message: <40acf1d5@news.povray.org>
Hey, thanks guys, and sorry for the late reply. I'm hopefully going to
use a mixture of Ingos and Alains methods.

 I'm starting to get some half decent results with my test image, but
it's not quite right yet. I'll post something in p.b.i as soon as I
can.

 I ended up trying:

  texture{
  pigment {rgbt 1}
  normal {wrinkles warp {turbulence .8 omega .7}}
  finish {roughness 0.8 }}

 for my clear model, but the model is not good at the moment. I'll
keep trying. Is there
anything in the above that I should change though?

 I've read the docs but still don't understand 'omega'.

  ~Steve~