POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Heat haze... : Re: Heat haze... Server Time
3 Aug 2024 10:16:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Heat haze...
From: John D  Gwinner
Date: 30 Jun 2004 00:35:32
Message: <40e24314@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote in message news:40b86e4a@news.povray.org...

>      Hi John, thanks very much for that - I don't usually check the
> animations group. It lead me to Tom Aust's piece of isosurface code
> which I'm playing with now, (thanks Tom). It needs a lot of tweaking
> to get it right for what I want to do, but it's looking very
> promising.  :)

No problem, I'd be interested in what you come up with.

What I was trying to do was vehicle exhaust, and I never solved it.  This
particular exhaust was pointed straight up (more of a cooling tower than
vehicle exhaust, actually).  I made some fitfull attempts with 'liquid
spray' pointed straight up, to make the cone shape, but it never look right,
but I didn't mess with it that much.

Ironically my vehicles ended up on Mars, so now I don't have to worry about
exhaust.  But it would be nice to relocated them someday, I'm sure the crews
would like to go home!

        == John ==