POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Heat haze... : Re: Heat haze... Server Time
3 Aug 2024 10:22:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Heat haze...
From: Alain
Date: 20 May 2004 16:48:47
Message: <40ad19af$2@news.povray.org>
St. nous apporta ses lumieres ainsi en ce 2004/05/20 13:58... :

>Hey, thanks guys, and sorry for the late reply. I'm hopefully going to
>use a mixture of Ingos and Alains methods.
>
> I'm starting to get some half decent results with my test image, but
>it's not quite right yet. I'll post something in p.b.i as soon as I
>can.
>
> I ended up trying:
>
>  texture{
>  pigment {rgbt 1}
>  normal {wrinkles warp {turbulence .8 omega .7}}
>  finish {roughness 0.8 }}
>
> for my clear model, but the model is not good at the moment. I'll
>keep trying. Is there
>anything in the above that I should change though?
>
> I've read the docs but still don't understand 'omega'.
>
>  ~Steve~

Turbulence is repeated a few times controled by the octaves value
The omega value reduce the effective effect of the subsequent moves.
Supose that the first move was 1 unit long and omega is set to 0.5
(default), then move 2 is 0.5 unit, move 3 is 0.25 unit, move 4 is 0.125
unit,...
Increasing the omega value will increase the disturbance caused by
higher octaves ranks.
In your case, the effects are: 1, 0.7, 0.49, 0.343, 0.2401, and 0.16807
time the base one.

Alain