POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : mesh2 to mesh Server Time
4 Aug 2024 00:19:54 EDT (-0400)
  mesh2 to mesh (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: nospam
Subject: mesh2 to mesh
Date: 22 Sep 2003 11:54:12
Message: <3f6b171e.2001613@localhost>
Greetings all

	I used Wings3d to make some objects for pov-ray.  I
imported the objects without mishap.  The objects had
extra information that I did not want, such as:

 1) a normal vector for each vertex
 2) a texture index for each triangle  (this is kind of
    annoying because I can't then apply a texture to
    occurances of the mesh later on)

	What I would like to do is strip off the normal &
texture information and also convert the mesh2 object to a
regular mesh object.  Does anyone know of a program or a
.pov script that will do this?
	Thanks (in advance).

Pete

Post a reply to this message