POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : mesh2 to mesh : Re: mesh2 to mesh Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:11:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mesh2 to mesh
From: Slime
Date: 22 Sep 2003 23:58:29
Message: <3f6fc4e5$1@news.povray.org>
No direct answers here, but some suggestions...

>  1) a normal vector for each vertex

Perhaps you can just delete the entire normal_vectors and normal_indices
blocks? If there are certain edges that you wanted to remain "hard", that
can be set in wings itself. I'm not sure exactly what you don't like about
having all of the normal vectors.

>  2) a texture index for each triangle  (this is kind of
>     annoying because I can't then apply a texture to
>     occurances of the mesh later on)

I've also found this feature annoying. To fix it, I select the face_indices
block, and do a search-and-replace, replacing ">,0," with ">,". This removes
all of the texture indices, except maybe the very last one.

> What I would like to do is strip off the normal &
> texture information and also convert the mesh2 object to a
> regular mesh object.

Why do you prefer mesh over mesh2? They both contain the same data, but mesh
is (*much*) slower to parse.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]