POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : mesh2 to mesh : Re: mesh2 to mesh Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:14:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mesh2 to mesh
From: ingo
Date: 23 Sep 2003 11:30:46
Message: <Xns93FFB226167D6seed7@netplex.aussie.org>
in news:3f705ed6@news.povray.org Warp wrote:

>   I haven't and I would be interested in knowing some percentages...

I have, but don't remeber the exact difference, but mesh2 is indeed
faster. But, there is one tricky thing, I also compared a completely non-
optimised mesh2 with a maximal optimised mesh2. With optimised I mean have
aan as small as possible amount of vertices. The more optimised the slower
the parsing and the more it approached the speed of mesh.

Ingo