POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Light beam, laser, noise... Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:07:55 EDT (-0400)
  Light beam, laser, noise... (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Pierre-Étienne Messier
Subject: Light beam, laser, noise...
Date: 28 Feb 2003 20:22:28
Message: <3e600b54@news.povray.org>
Hello everyone,

I am currently learning the wonderful world of Pov-Ray and I currently
have a few questions.

For a project I am currently working on, I'd like to create a computer
simulation (rendering) of an optical system.  I think it could be done
in Pov-Ray but I'm not 100% sure, hence that's why I post :)

At least, I need to create a tiny light beam (like a laser, white light
ray, etc.).  I found this page on Google and contacted the author to get
more information on this :

http://www.mbork.de/bsp/bsp_2.htm

He said that this was rendered in Pov3.0, and it cannot be done the same
way with newer Pov.  Anyone got an idea to make a such light ray ?

Also, I'd like to get my renderings a little bit "dirtier" : is it
possible to add a subtle grainy effect (like the grain of a film in the
photography world) to the entiere rendering ?

Thanks !

Post a reply to this message