POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Light beam, laser, noise... : Re: Light beam, laser, noise... Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:15:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Light beam, laser, noise...
From: Kaveh
Date: 2 Mar 2003 20:06:51
Message: <1fr8020.x13mwb19qze63N%kaveh@delete_this.focalimage.com>

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am currently learning the wonderful world of Pov-Ray and I currently
> have a few questions.
>
> For a project I am currently working on, I'd like to create a computer
> simulation (rendering) of an optical system.  I think it could be done
> in Pov-Ray but I'm not 100% sure, hence that's why I post :)

[...]

Pierre

I started a similar project a while ago. I don't know exactly what you
want to do, whether you want it just to look correct, or to have a
system where an optical physicist can code in the data for optical
equipment and see the result in povray.

I have written a few routines for optical components like lenses of a
specific focal length, mirrors, etc. I am happy to put these at your
disposal for eventual release into the public domain. If you are
interested, please mail me.

--
Kaveh