POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Light beam, laser, noise... : Re: Light beam, laser, noise... Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:15:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Light beam, laser, noise...
From: Rohan Bernett
Date: 19 Mar 2003 20:35:05
Message: <web.3e791a3a8182c320d02c7b870@news.povray.org>
>At least, I need to create a tiny light beam (like a laser, white light
>ray, etc.).

A laser? Easy. Just make a cylindrical light and use the 'paralell' keyword
in it. And use Photon mapping to make it reflect off mirrors, and be bent
by lenses. Making the light paralell makes the light behave like a real
laser. There does, however, seem to be a bit of a problem involving a
mysterious black disc which can appear in certain circumstances. Exactly
which, I'm still not sure of. I think it might be a bug in the cylindrical
lights, but I could be wrong.

Rohan _e_ii