POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Light beam, laser, noise... : Re: Light beam, laser, noise... Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:15:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Light beam, laser, noise...
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 1 Mar 2003 10:58:41
Message: <cjameshuff-7302D1.10540601032003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3e602316$1@news.povray.org>,

> I think the flat noise effect is what I am looking for.  A picture worth
> thousands of words, so :
>
> http://www.elysiun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9743
>
> The pics are not from me and are not done in PovRay, but that's the
> effect I am looking for.

Ok...well, look in the manual for "crand". Or look here:
http://povray.org/documentation/view/187/#s06_07_03_02_03

I still do not recommend it, though. The crand feature only works on
textures, so it might be difficult to apply to your situation. It just
isn't a very good solution, and is considered obsolete. If you want a
camera film effect, it would be better to do it in an image processing
program.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/