POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : photons & reflection Server Time
5 Aug 2024 00:21:28 EDT (-0400)
  photons & reflection (Message 1 to 10 of 15)
From: stelzenegger
Subject: photons & reflection
Date: 22 Jan 2003 12:00:08
Message: <web.3e2ecd893b7128c32278e9910@news.povray.org>
Hi,
I hope this question wasn't asked before, but I couldn't find it.
I want to make a ray light travelling through media visible. Until it hits
the first object no problem. But I can not make the reflected ray visible.
I remember that I read somewhere that this is not possible. Is that right?
If not, can somebody tell me how to do it?

Thanks
stelzenegger

Post a reply to this message

> I hope this question wasn't asked before, but I couldn't find it.
> I want to make a ray light travelling through media visible. Until it hits
> the first object no problem. But I can not make the reflected ray visible.
> I remember that I read somewhere that this is not possible. Is that right?
> If not, can somebody tell me how to do it?

Media photons. Check the documentation for details. Watch out: they're slow
and difficult to get right.

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Post a reply to this message