POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : photons & reflection : Re: photons & reflection Server Time
4 Aug 2024 22:10:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: photons & reflection
From: hughes, b
Date: 23 Jan 2003 04:07:30
Message: <3e2fb0d2@news.povray.org>
Dang, I had to cancel that first reply  :-X

"stelzenegger" <ste### [at] gmxde> wrote in message

> after the ray hits the reflecting surface, I can't see it anymore.

What might be happening, if you have indeed set up everything else as
needed, is that the photon count or spacing is insufficient. Try raising the
count or decreasing the spacing in global_settings {photons {}}. For
example, spacing 0.02 or less is usually okay but you might need it to be
lower (also try higher if it works, speed issue). I don't use count much so
I'd be guessing that number. Only one of
those are needed.