POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : photons & reflection : Re: photons & reflection Server Time
4 Aug 2024 22:12:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: photons & reflection
From: Tom Melly
Date: 22 Jan 2003 12:12:51
Message: <3e2ed113$1@news.povray.org>
"stelzenegger" <ste### [at] gmxde> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I hope this question wasn't asked before, but I couldn't find it.
> I want to make a ray light travelling through media visible. Until it hits
> the first object no problem. But I can not make the reflected ray visible.
> I remember that I read somewhere that this is not possible. Is that right?
> If not, can somebody tell me how to do it?

AFAIK there is no problem with reflected photons being visible in media - you
are using photons I assume? (i.e. you have a photon block in your
global_settings block).

Also, you must add a photon{target reflection on [refraction on]} block to any
object (such as your mirror) that you want to affect photons. (all objects show
photons, but only target objects influence photons).

Check section 6.10.2 of the docs (and 6.10 in general).

If you're not using photons, then, no, you will not be able to show the
reflected beam (since there isn't one).