POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New license for include file Server Time
5 Aug 2024 12:22:08 EDT (-0400)
  New license for include file (Message 11 to 20 of 22)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 2 Messages >>>
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: Re: New license for include file
Date: 23 Oct 2002 16:05:06
Message: <3db700f2$1@news.povray.org>
"Rune" <run### [at] mobilixnetdk> wrote in message
> Greg M. Johnson wrote:
>> IMHO, nothing's changed.
> I'm not sure what you mean.

I think that making it shareware has the same effect on the spirit of this
community.  Others have a better way of putting it in nicer terms.

> Which was mostly about keeping the spirit of POV-Ray as far as I could
> tell. If freeware (sometimes with voluntary donations - think IRTC
> CD-ROMs and keyrings)

NO.
Who on the POV-Team has asked for renumeration for his services? That dough
goes to the server, AFAIK.  There is a world of difference.

Post a reply to this message