POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New license for include file : Re: New license for include file Server Time
5 Aug 2024 14:12:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New license for include file
From: Rune
Date: 23 Oct 2002 17:25:31
Message: <3db713cb@news.povray.org>
Greg M. Johnson wrote:
> "Voluntary donations" is what I meant by "shareware".

I think you've mixed up some terms there.

> There is little difference in the effect on a freeware
> community between your new policy and your old one.

Oh sorry, I didn't know you spoke on behalf of the community.

> Do you **need** a web site for the distribution of a
> 37 KB  zipped file? You could post it to  p.b.s.-f.
> without the P-T seeing a blip in bandwidth costs...

And POV-Ray could be distributed through all kinds of sites and the
newsgroups could be on Usenet, but that's not a very optimal
situation...

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com (updated Oct 19)