POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Image_map front & back Server Time
6 Aug 2024 06:17:36 EDT (-0400)
  Image_map front & back (Message 11 to 20 of 37)
From: TinCanMan
Subject: Re: Image_map front & back
Date: 18 Jun 2002 15:04:43
Message: <3d0f844b$1@news.povray.org>
> //start
> pigment{
>   object{

oops.
    box{<-1,-1,0><1,1,0>}  should be:
    box{<-1,-1,0><1,1,z>} //where z is a distance that makes the box
intersect with the front of the man

//where to place the square emblem on the man's
> body (make sure this object only intersects the front half
>     //This box assumes the man us upright in the y direction and faces the
> direction
>     pigment{Pigment_Outside_The_Emblem} //pigment outside box
>     ,
>     pigment{  //pigment inside box
>       image_map{sys "EmblemImage" interpolate 4}
>       translate<-.5,-.5,0>
>       scale <2,2,1>
>     }
>   }
> }
> //end
>
> let me know if this of use or if you don't fully understand it.
> g'luck
>
> -tgq

Post a reply to this message

From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 19 Jun 2002 09:02:16
Message: <3d1080d8$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks, but after I invested some time in a bitmap decal I'm really hooked
on it.
I suppose the solution is two type 0 maps.
One is the normal decal.
The other is the color of the "clothes fabric" but rotated 90*y and
translated to cover up the back.

feature request: one sided type 0 map.

Post a reply to this message