POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Particle system beta testers wanted Server Time
6 Aug 2024 08:18:16 EDT (-0400)
  Particle system beta testers wanted (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Rune
Subject: Particle system beta testers wanted
Date: 9 May 2002 16:51:36
Message: <3cdae158@news.povray.org>
My particle system has reached a stage where it's ready for a beta
release. I need help to test the system, the sample files and the
documentation for bugs, correctness, usability etc. so I hope I can get
help to beta test the system.

Beta testers should preferably not just have a quick look at the system
and sample files but also make their own scenes and animations with it
so that it can be tested properly for practical purposes.

Anyone interested can contact me per email.

Thanks in advance,

Rune
Rune's World:  http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Apr 14)
POV-Ray Users: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/povrayusers/
POV-Ray Ring:  http://webring.povray.co.uk

Post a reply to this message

I forgot to say that it requires POV-Ray 3.5...

"Rune" <run### [at] mobilixnetdk> wrote in message
> My particle system has reached a stage where it's ready for a beta
> release. I need help to test the system, the sample files and the
> documentation for bugs, correctness, usability etc. so I hope I can get
> help to beta test the system.
>
> Beta testers should preferably not just have a quick look at the system
> and sample files but also make their own scenes and animations with it
> so that it can be tested properly for practical purposes.
>
> Anyone interested can contact me per email.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Rune
> --
> 3D images and anims, include files, tutorials and more:
> Rune's World:  http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Apr 14)
> POV-Ray Users: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/povrayusers/
> POV-Ray Ring:  http://webring.povray.co.uk

Post a reply to this message

I haven't got that much time for serious work - with the household
and my daughter ( 16 months ) to care for - but if that's all right
with you than I would very much like to participate ...

Greetings
Karl Anders

--
The two most common things in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.
(H.Ellison)

Post a reply to this message

"Rune" <run### [at] mobilixnetdk> wrote in message
> My particle system has reached a stage where it's ready for a beta
> release. I need help to test the system, the sample files and the
> documentation for bugs, correctness, usability etc. so I hope I can get
> help to beta test the system.

Is it appropriate to use the particle system for images as opposed to anims? For
example, to generate some nice smoke?

Post a reply to this message