POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Particle system beta testers wanted : Re: Particle system beta testers wanted Server Time
6 Aug 2024 06:18:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Particle system beta testers wanted
From: Rune
Date: 24 May 2002 11:12:06
Message: <3cee5846$1@news.povray.org>
Tom Melly wrote:
> Is it appropriate to use the particle system for
> images as opposed to anims? For example, to generate
> some nice smoke?

Yes, the system works as well for images as it does for animations.

Of course you still need to think in terms of time and movement and it
can be convenient to consider the image to be like a frame from an
animation.

But you only need to render a single image because the particle
calculations are independent on the number of frames used. (This is
contrary to some other systems such as SmokeGen.) So the particle system
is well suited for creating images.

Let me know if you're interested in beta testing it. :)

Rune
Rune's World:  http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated May 20)
POV-Ray Users: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/povrayusers/
POV-Ray Ring:  http://webring.povray.co.uk