POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Particle system beta testers wanted : Re: Particle system beta testers wanted Server Time
6 Aug 2024 06:20:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Particle system beta testers wanted
From: Rune
Date: 24 May 2002 16:35:36
Message: <3ceea418@news.povray.org>
Tom Melly wrote:

>  (dodgier, dodgiest)
> 1  colloq. awkward, unreliable, tricky.
> 2  Brit. cunning, artful.
> "The Concise Oxford Dictionary,"
>
> In this context I meant "awkward" - as in "that shot
> with the dove in 'Blade Runner' looked a bit dodgy"

Ah, ok. It was the start of the smoke animation that was dodgy, right?
Your sentence could also be interpreted differently, that the beginning
of [the development of] my particle system was dodgy, but considering
the context I find that less likely... ;)

> The cigarette smoke.

Ok.

> So the particles act as guide points - or are all the
> points of the patch defined by particles ?

No, more like guide points.

> Ah - I'll render myself and try and work it out
> (is the ciggy smoke included?).

Not yet, but it will be in one of the next betas...

Rune
Rune's World:  http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated May 20)
POV-Ray Users: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/povrayusers/
POV-Ray Ring:  http://webring.povray.co.uk