POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Fast sky / clouds Server Time
6 Aug 2024 17:03:12 EDT (-0400)
  Fast sky / clouds (Message 14 to 23 of 23)
From: Kari Kivisalo
Subject: Re: Fast sky / clouds
Date: 19 Mar 2002 18:11:30
Message: <3C97C602.BB87F907@LuxLab.com>
Hugo wrote:

> What's the catch in using gamma 1?

You have to be prepared to step into a higher level of consciousness.

Seriously, if you don't get it, don't stress about it.

_____________
Kari Kivisalo

Post a reply to this message

From: Rune
Date: 19 Mar 2002 18:25:31
Message: <3c97c8eb@news.povray.org>
"Kari Kivisalo" wrote:
> The result is right, you just expect something else.

Isn't the whole point of gamma correction to assure a linear scale of
brightness or whatever it's called? So that when you specify a color that's
half as bright as another color, you really do percieve it that way when
looking at it?

What I'm saying is that when I specify a color of 10% brightness in relation
to white, I don't want to get a color that looks like it's of 60% brightness
in relation to white.

Could you explain your point further?

Rune
Rune's World:  http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Feb 16)