POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Fast sky / clouds : Re: Fast sky / clouds Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:26:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fast sky / clouds
From: Kari Kivisalo
Date: 19 Mar 2002 19:23:12
Message: <3C97D6D0.F68C64DF@LuxLab.com>
Hugo wrote:

> The monitor distorts the light and by using
> assumed_gamma 2.2, the final result that hits my eye is correct..

I blame the docs. It's really the other way around. If your
display_gamma is 2.2 or not set, using assumed_gamma 2.2 does
nothing. assumed_gamma 1 corrects for gamma 2.2 display. At least
in 3.5.

> Hmm.. I am ready.. I know you're good at this light stuff. :o)

I hope so or the folks at luxlab.com will be really disappointed.
Ok, the laboratory was empty, I went there and now I'm pretending
to be the prof :)

Kari Kivisalo