POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Fast sky / clouds : Re: Fast sky / clouds Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:29:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fast sky / clouds
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 20 Mar 2002 10:54:09
Message: <chrishuff-68FB22.10541620032002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3c98aca7$1@news.povray.org>, "Hugo" <hua### [at] post3teledk>
wrote:

> Thanks! From what I sense here, assumed_gamma 1 actually *activates* a gamma
> correction of 2.2 in the output file, where the default assumed_gamma 2.2
> becomes nothing because it gets divided with display_gamma 2.2.
>
> Oh man! So instead of simulating gamma correction myself by using ordinary
> rgb values, I should let the computer do this.. Yes, I understand this now!
> Old rgb values should be ^ with 2.2 to get the new values ... but maybe it's
> not so simple with finishs.. hmm.. but thank you!

With the finish statements that specify a brightness (reflection,
ambient, diffuse, phong, specular), it should be similar. With
statements that specify a size or falloff (brilliance, roughness,
phong_size), it would be like "gamma correcting" the radius of a sphere,
which is of course nonsense.
And don't forget your lights.

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/