POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : what is the Mayaray? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:13:02 EDT (-0400)
  what is the Mayaray? (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: khor
Subject: what is the Mayaray?
Date: 26 Nov 2001 12:54:09
Message: <3c0281c1@news.povray.org>
Hello everyone! We have worked to develop a plugin! There is a little
information about him!!

Introduction:
MayaRAY is a experimental rendering interface built-in Maya 4.0 to Povray3.5
and MegaPov0.7.

Supported features

Main features:
camera, lights, Maya materials, Povray materials, Povray pattern and
textures, Maya geometry

Supported Povray features
Povray solids:
sphere,blob,infinite plane, cylinder, torus, height field, others will be
added soon.

Camera:
perpective, fov, dof, ...

Lights:
Ambient, point, spot, paralel, area with most Povray attributes, glow(with
megaPov)

Geometry conversion between Maya-Povray:
All Maya polygons and nurbs. Per face material and uvmapping supported.
Per-vertex normals is exported.
Optionally, nurbs geometry is converted to Povray biqubic patchs to minimixe
export time and maximize geometry quality.
At this time trimmed nurbs is not converted patchs and that's tesellated to
faces. This feature will be implemented in future!

Object switches:
photons, hollow, no_image, no_reflection, double_illuminate, inverse!

Material:
Supported Maya shader is blinn, phong, lambert with image and bump mapping.
And special Povray material, shader and pattern nodes for direct connection
to Povray materials.
Povmaterial with interior, caustic, media, scattering. Povshader node for
pigment, finish and normal emulations.
Povpatten node for Povray pattern emulation with pigment_map and pigment
color_map emulations. That contains many pattern type and
noise modifier. Other modifiers and layered materials will be implemented in
future. This nodes will be implemented for more adaptation to Maya shading!
Internal using and preview of Povray material by a special material editor;

Atmospheric:
Sky sphere, fog ( uniform and layered), ambient.

Povray settings:
global parameters, antialias setting, photons, caustic, radiosity (with save
and load solution) parameters

Extra settings:
For manually entering any Povray code that will be added to exported Povray
scene code

Post effects:
Will be supported megaPov post renderings

In future:
Subdivision geometry, Maya post renderings (fur,paintfx,etc,..), Maya
particule rendering, more control over Povray via GuiExt interface,

Renderer compability
Povray 3.5b7 and megaPov 0.7

Post a reply to this message