POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : what is the Mayaray? : Re: what is the Mayaray? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:19:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: what is the Mayaray?
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 26 Nov 2001 14:47:02
Message: <3C029C36.A19D3645@gmx.de>
JRG wrote:

> That's cool and all, but I can't understand how people who can spend
> thousands of dollars for such a high-end software would use POV-Ray to
> render their works. I don't know Maya, so perhaps someone now will tell me
> that its render sucks or something like that...

I think the builtin Maya renderer has been known for it's limited quality
for a long time, on the other hand i have heard there were a lot of
improvements in version 4.

Anyway, the problem with such rendering plugins is the same as with
xxx2pov file format converters - you will never be able to use the full
strength of Povray with them.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>