POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : what is the Mayaray? : Re: what is the Mayaray? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:24:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: what is the Mayaray?
From: khor
Date: 26 Nov 2001 15:05:18
Message: <3c02a07e@news.povray.org>
> I think the builtin Maya renderer has been known for it's limited quality
> for a long time, on the other hand i have heard there were a lot of
> improvements in version 4.
>
> Anyway, the problem with such rendering plugins is the same as with
> xxx2pov file format converters - you will never be able to use the full
> strength of Povray with them.
>
> Christoph

Yes you're right for most situations!! I tried to explain a few reason to
write like a plugin in previous reply! Also i want to connect the strengh of
Maya and Povray, and i want to say again it started just for fun. And it
have a internal editor to add Povray command to exported scenes to give
maximum flexibility!