POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Radiosity Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:26:50 EDT (-0400)
  Radiosity (Message 1 to 10 of 15)
From: Nekar Xenos
Subject: Radiosity
Date: 22 Mar 2001 07:29:35
Message: <3ab9f02f@news.povray.org>
If I understand it correctly, the purpose of radiosity is to compensate for
light scattered by rough surfaces. Normals, as I understand don't do this
right without radiosity which is why you need to add radiosity.

Therefore if you were to use isosurfaces or heightfields to make rough
textures with a relatively low reflection level and a high maximum iteration
level, you wouldn't need to add radiosity.

Am I correct or do I have I gone wrong somewhere?

Nekar

Post a reply to this message