POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3D image map? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 06:21:15 EDT (-0400)
  3D image map? (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Pabs
Subject: 3D image map?
Date: 7 Mar 2001 23:42:39
Message: <3aa70dbf@news.povray.org>
POV's procedural textures are 3D.
But image_maps are 2D.
Is there any way to use multiple tga/etc images to create texture
volumes?
ie like df3 for media but with
1. Multiple images instead of 1 volumetric file
2. RGB[A] instead of greyscale
3. Used for textures instead of media.
Is there some way or do I have to write a patch or wait for POV4.0?

oooh-ooh and let us use it as a colour-map type thingi for media
--
Bye,
Pabs

Post a reply to this message