POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Request: new simple pattern Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:21:38 EDT (-0400)
  Request: new simple pattern (Message 41 to 50 of 77)
From: Ron Parker
Subject: Re: Request: new simple pattern
Date: 12 Jan 2001 11:05:06
Message: <slrn95uapk.c23.ron.parker@fwi.com>
On Fri, 12 Jan 2001 07:53:32 -0800, Ken wrote:
>When I saw this -

[snip macro]

>I concluded I have absolutely no idea what it does, how to use it,
>nor do I stand any chance of modifying it with any predictable outcome.
>However I understood exactly what Rune was asking for and delighted
>at the thought of something basic but very useful being added to the
>program that both new and experienced users could take advantage of.

The problem with that macro isn't that it's a macro.  The problem is that
it's not documented.  I'd say that even without documentation, you stand
a better chance of figuring out how it works than you would with a first-class
pattern that wasn't documented.

>What you propose is nothing short of extraordinary. I applaud your
>thinking process. Now if you would just....

I'm not sure how this was intended, so I won't reply except to ask what the
last part of the third sentence was supposed to have been.

My opinions.  Mine.  Not anyone else's.

Post a reply to this message

> >What you propose is nothing short of extraordinary. I applaud your
> >thinking process. Now if you would just....

...make it possible.

: I concluded I have absolutely no idea what it does, how to use it,

  So if you have a builtin pattern and you only know its name, you'll
immediately know how to use it and what does it do?
  What's the difference?

--
char*i="b[7FK@`3NB6>B:b3O6>:B:b3O6><`3:;8:6f733:>::b?7B>:>^B>C73;S1";
main(_,c,m){for(m=32;c=*i++-49;c&m?puts(""):m)for(_=(

Post a reply to this message