POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Request: new simple pattern : Re: Request: new simple pattern Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:14:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request: new simple pattern
From: Ron Parker
Date: 12 Jan 2001 11:05:06
Message: <slrn95uapk.c23.ron.parker@fwi.com>
On Fri, 12 Jan 2001 07:53:32 -0800, Ken wrote:
>When I saw this -

[snip macro]

>I concluded I have absolutely no idea what it does, how to use it,
>nor do I stand any chance of modifying it with any predictable outcome.
>However I understood exactly what Rune was asking for and delighted
>at the thought of something basic but very useful being added to the
>program that both new and experienced users could take advantage of.

The problem with that macro isn't that it's a macro.  The problem is that
it's not documented.  I'd say that even without documentation, you stand
a better chance of figuring out how it works than you would with a first-class
pattern that wasn't documented.

>What you propose is nothing short of extraordinary. I applaud your
>thinking process. Now if you would just....

I'm not sure how this was intended, so I won't reply except to ask what the
last part of the third sentence was supposed to have been.

My opinions.  Mine.  Not anyone else's.