POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Request: new simple pattern : Re: Request: new simple pattern Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:20:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request: new simple pattern
From: David Fontaine
Date: 12 Jan 2001 21:30:33
Message: <3A5FBCA1.ECD4539@faricy.net>
Ken wrote:

> Warp wrote:
> >
> > Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:
> > : Why go looking though a bunch of macro files
> > : for a specific function when if can be hard wired into the program.
> >
> >   Let me think about some reasons why a macro would be better:
>
> And this is the exact response I expected from someone with advanced
> mathematical and programming skills. You just don't get it.

I don't understand. If someone else has already programmed the pattern for
you, what's the difference if it's a macro or hard-coded? From the user's
perspective I would think it wouldn't matter, from the programmer's the
macro solution is far better. It's not like you code fonts into a word
processor.