POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Request: new simple pattern : Re: Request: new simple pattern Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:13:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request: new simple pattern
From: Chris Huff
Date: 12 Jan 2001 17:08:33
Message: <chrishuff-24FFAE.17101212012001@news.povray.org>
In article <3A5F287C.139688BB@pacbell.net>, lin### [at] povrayorg
wrote:

> I concluded I have absolutely no idea what it does, how to use it,
> nor do I stand any chance of modifying it with any predictable outcome.

What makes you think you would have better luck if it was in C, embedded
in the POV-Ray source code?

The user won't have to look at the macro, ever. They will just look in
the documentation, see it in the section on "Pattern Macros", and learn
how to use it in the same way they learn the built-in patterns. However,
someone who wants to know how it is done simply has to open an .inc file
and look at the appropriate macro. *They* are the ones who will see the
macro and want to modify it, not the ordinary users. The only thing they
will have to do is #include "patmacs.mcr" and put a macro call where
they would otherwise put a keyword.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><